Located in Brighton NY, and founded in 1917, Harley enrolls approximately 500 students in Nursery through Grade 12. Our rigorous academic programs and exceptional fine arts curriculum are combined with unique offerings (hospice, glass studio, organic farming, chess), a commitment to experiential service learning, a deep commitment to the centrality of the student voice, and a nurturing environment for young people. The School is committed to diversity and the education of students in a global perspective.
For most positions, resumes are reviewed until the successful candidate is found. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we will not acknowledge receipt of every application. Only candidates of interest are contacted.
The Harley School is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes candidates who add to our diversity.
Extended Day/Vacation Camp Job Description
The Harley School seeks a childcare worker in the Extended Day/Vacation Camp program. Extended Day is part-time Monday – Friday, 1:30 – 6:00 p.m. Vacation camp hours are usually during school holidays and may be in addition to regular Extended Day hours.
- Over 18.
- Experience working with children 3 yrs. – 11 yrs.
- Dependability, communication skills, and an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred but not required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Creates a safe, friendly environment in the childcare area with quality supervision, focused attention, and caring service for the parents and their children.
- Ensures registration and check-in/check-out procedures are followed.
- Responds to each individual child’s needs promptly.
- Supervises the use of toys and supplies and notifies supervisor of supply needs, repairs, or replacements.
- Maintains a clean, orderly area, picking up as needed and sanitizing toys as instructed.
- Promotes a respectful community among the children, resolving conflict through appropriate words and actions.
- Notifies supervisor of issues relating to each child (e.g. illness, crying, and conflict).
- Promotes the health of all children by notifying the supervisor when child(ren) are ill and by being responsive to known health conditions such as allergies and asthma.
- Exhibits good listening skills when conflict or discipline issues arise and problem solves professionally. Defers to the supervisor if issues need further resolution.
- Reports any accidents or injuries immediately.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume to email@example.com.
All Divisions – Instructional Substitutes
The Harley School is seeking substitute teachers to provide per diem instructional services in various subject areas for its Lower, Middle and Upper School Divisions (Nursery (age 3) through Grade 12). Bachelors degree required. New York State teacher certification preferred, but not required. Candidates must be punctual and dependable; demonstrate professional demeanor; possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and the ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter indicating the grade levels and subject areas in which you prefer to work
- At least one reference letter
- Proof of completion of Bachelor’s degree (transcript or the degree certificate itself)
- If applicable, New York State teaching certificate or valid certification from another state
- Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harley School is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting. All other aspects of employment such as compensation, benefits, terminations, training, tuition assistance, etc., shall continue to be administered so as to reflect the above policy.