Located in Brighton NY, and founded in 1917, Harley enrolls approximately 500 students in Nursery through Grade 12. Our rigorous academic programs and exceptional fine arts curriculum are combined with unique offerings (hospice, glass studio, organic farming, chess), a commitment to experiential service learning, a deep commitment to the centrality of the student voice, and a nurturing environment for young people. The School is committed to diversity and the education of students in a global perspective.
For most positions, resumes are reviewed until the successful candidate is found. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we will not acknowledge receipt of every application. Only candidates of interest are contacted.
The Harley School is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes candidates who add to our diversity.
Food Service Worker, Full-Time
The Harley School in Rochester, NY, seeks a food service worker. Founded in 1917, The Harley School serves 530 Nursery-Grade 12 students in a progressive, co-educational, day school setting.
The food service worker will report directly to the Director of Food Services. This position is 40 hours per week during the school year, with health and pension benefits.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Dish room; washing dishes for ½ of assigned work, fast paced.
- Dining hall; clean work areas, light set up on occasion
- Prepare a variety of foods according to supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures. Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Background check
- Team player
- Fun & friendly
- Customer service oriented
- Good under pressure
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Assistant – Hourly (Part-Time)
The Horizons Student Enrichment Program at The Harley School is a transformational summer education experience that helps students from Rochester families succeed. Currently entering its 24th year, Horizons at Harley makes a nine-year commitment to students from the Rochester City School District, Kindergarten through 8th grade, and provides year-round support and mentorship for high school students. During the summer, students typically make two to three-month math and reading gains, a positive outcome that negates summer learning loss and ensures that students enter the new school year ready for the rigor of a new grade level. More than 95% of our 8th grade graduates have gone on to complete high school and more than 70% have gone on to higher education.
Horizons is looking for an Administrative Assistant seeking flexible, hourly work in the Horizons office (10 – 15 hours per week over the next six months) at The Harley School.
- Call Horizons parents to collect information and advertise upcoming events.
- Work with Horizons Board to develop materials for strategic plan.
- Work with development director on 25th anniversary materials.
- Write and distribute email/mail to parents and stakeholders.
- Manage registration process including mailings, data entry and follow up.
- Manage student data in Horizons National database.
- Develop and maintain a filing system (physical and Google Drive).
- Maintain accurate contact lists.
- Maintain accurate address records to support student transportation planning.
- Provide general support to visitors as needed.
- Proficient in using database software
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Confident and professional phone manner
- Strong organization skills
- Self starter
Reports to Executive Director
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All Divisions – Instructional Substitutes
The Harley School is seeking substitute teachers to provide per diem instructional services in various subject areas for its Lower, Middle and Upper School Divisions (Nursery (age 3) through Grade 12). Bachelors degree required. New York State teacher certification preferred, but not required. Candidates must be punctual and dependable; demonstrate professional demeanor; possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and the ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter indicating the grade levels and subject areas in which you prefer to work
- At least one reference letter
- Proof of completion of Bachelor’s degree (transcript or the degree certificate itself)
- If applicable, New York State teaching certificate or valid certification from another state
- Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harley School is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting. All other aspects of employment such as compensation, benefits, terminations, training, tuition assistance, etc., shall continue to be administered so as to reflect the above policy.