Located in Brighton NY, and founded in 1917, Harley enrolls approximately 500 students in Nursery through Grade 12. Our rigorous academic programs and exceptional fine arts curriculum are combined with unique offerings (hospice, glass studio, organic farming, chess), a commitment to experiential service learning, a deep commitment to the centrality of the student voice, and a nurturing environment for young people. The School is committed to diversity and the education of students in a global perspective.
For most positions, resumes are reviewed until the successful candidate is found. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we will not acknowledge receipt of every application. Only candidates of interest are contacted.
The Harley School is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes candidates who add to our diversity.
The following employment opportunities are available at The Harley School:
Full Time Food Service Worker
The Harley School in Rochester, NY, seeks a food service worker. Founded in 1917, The Harley School serves 530 Nursery-Grade 12 students in a progressive, co-educational, day school setting.
The food service worker will report directly to the Director of Food Services.This position is 40 hours per week for 10 months a year. This positions is 50% dishwashing and 50% food preparation.
- Dining hall, clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
- Prepare a variety of foods according to supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures. Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking. Must be able to work with faculty and students cutting and cleaning fresh produce
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Team player
- Fun & friendly
- Customer service oriented
- Good under pressure
To apply, contact Nita Goronkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 277-1106.
All Divisions – Instructional Substitutes
The Harley School is seeking substitute teachers to provide per diem instructional services in various subject areas for its Lower, Middle and Upper School Divisions (Nursery (age 3) through Grade 12). Bachelors degree required. New York State teacher certification preferred, but not required. Candidates must be punctual and dependable; demonstrate professional demeanor; possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and the ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter indicating the grade levels and subject areas in which you prefer to work
- At least one reference letter
- Proof of completion of Bachelor’s degree (transcript or the degree certificate itself)
- If applicable, New York State teaching certificate or valid certification from another state
- Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harley School is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting. All other aspects of employment such as compensation, benefits, terminations, training, tuition assistance, etc., shall continue to be administered so as to reflect the above policy.