Diane R. Doniger Parent Volunteer Service Award
by Beth Bailey
July 13, 2022
2022 Recipient: Amy Brand, P ’25
Amy has been a Harley parent since 2015 when her child Ollie ’25 started in Grade 3. She was a Room Representative for Grades 4 and 5 and is currently a Room Representative for Grade 9. She served three years as Parent Council Co-Chair, leading through the years of the proposed merger with Allendale Columbia School and the pandemic, and she has been an active member of the Development Committee.
As a member of the Community Support Team, created during the pandemic, Amy advocated for the parent community.
- Amy created Wizarding Night at Harley, a magical event that grows more awe-inspiring each year.
- She reimagined both Blast! and Wizarding Night to create successful at-home experiences for both events to maintain a feeling of togetherness when we had to be physically apart.
- She provides costume and prop assistance to theater performances and is on the Grandparents and Special Friends Day Committee.
- She is a member of the Blast! committee and helps bring the theme to life to create a memorable experience at the silent auction and the gala.
- Amy designs merchandise for the school store and is assisting in its renovation.
- She has run outdoor pop-up shops so the community can purchase Harley gear when access to the building has been limited due to COVID.
- Amy has mentored the current Parent Council Co-Chairs and continues to support them in their leadership, offering guidance and advice.
- She volunteers at many Harley events and also creates beautiful floral arrangements for First Day Flowers, EAT Day (Employee Appreciation Time), and Blast!.
Our school is enriched by Amy and the generous sharing of her time. An incredible mother and friend, she embodies the Heart of Harley.
Harley’s volunteers are vital to the success of the school, the feel of our community, and the work we are able to accomplish. Please consider volunteering in whatever way you can. Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Your importance cannot be overstated.