At the Harley School
Located in Brighton NY, and founded in 1917, Harley enrolls approximately 500 students in Nursery through Grade 12. Our rigorous academic programs and exceptional fine arts curriculum are combined with unique offerings (hospice, glass studio, biomimicry), a commitment to experiential service learning, a deep commitment to the centrality of the student voice, and a nurturing environment for young people. The School is committed to diversity and the education of students in a global perspective.
For most positions, resumes are reviewed until the successful candidate is found. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we will not acknowledge receipt of every application. Only candidates of interest are contacted.
The Harley School is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes candidates who add to our diversity.
The following employment opportunities are available at The Harley School:
The Harley School, a Nursery through Grade 12 independent school in Rochester NY with approximately 500 students (www.harleyschool.org) seeks a full-time School Counselor/Psychologist to support Grades N – 4 (~190 students).
The School Counselor/Psychologist will work with students, faculty, staff, parents and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections among home, school, and community. This position promotes the social, academic, and emotional success of students. Candidates already in private practice are encouraged to apply.
- Offer expert consultation, direction, and support to faculty, staff, and families regarding children’s social-emotional growth, physical and emotional well-being, and academic strengths and differences
- Serve as a resource and consultant on mental health, child/adolescent psychology, and learning differences; conduct in-service programs as requested
- Evaluate students in crisis or at-risk to guide emergent problem-solving by faculty, staff and parents
- Provide referrals to outside services and collaborate with school staff, parents, and outside professionals/agencies in planning to meet the needs of individual students
- Serve as a liaison between the school and outside agencies to direct a counseling intern program
- Provide wellness programs that help students develop healthy coping and decision-making skills
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or social work from an accredited institution of higher education; must possess or have the ability to obtain New York State Certification
- Previous experience working with children and youth; experience in a school setting is preferred
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- The ability to interpret educational and psychological testing results and help others do so
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility within the school day for student, team, and administrative meetings
The Harley School welcomes candidates who add to our diversity. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, letter of interest, licensure, and reference names and contact information. Thank you for your interest in The Harley School.
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM – 12 Months, working during school breaks
- Assigned cleaning duties and as needed throughout the shift
- Inspects, repairs, installs electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Motors,Outlets,Switches, Light Ballasts etc;
- Repairs and replaces plumbing;
- Supervises and/or trains unskilled personnel or semi-skilled assigned to assist in maintenance duties;
- Security throughout the entire school;
- Maintains tools, equipment and work area
- Assists in other as needed duties during school hours in support of students, faculty and staff.
- Outside duties such as mowing, tree trimming, snow removal, salting
Preferred Job Qualifications
Graduation from a vocational or trade school and 5 years of experience in performing general or specialized maintenance and repair tasks in buildings, and on various types of machinery, equipment, furniture, and tools
Please submit a resume to email@example.com. In the interest of promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce, The Harley School welcomes candidates from all backgrounds.
All Divisions – Instructional Substitutes
The Harley School is seeking substitute teachers to provide per diem instructional services in various subject areas for its Lower, Middle and Upper School Divisions (Nursery (age 3) through Grade 12). Bachelors degree required. New York State teacher certification preferred, but not required. Candidates must be punctual and dependable; demonstrate professional demeanor; possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and the ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter indicating the grade levels and subject areas in which you prefer to work
- At least one reference letter
- Proof of completion of Bachelor’s degree (transcript or the degree certificate itself)
- If applicable, New York State teaching certificate or valid certification from another state
- Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harley School is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting. All other aspects of employment such as compensation, benefits, terminations, training, tuition assistance, etc., shall continue to be administered so as to reflect the above policy.
©2020 The Harley School