2021-22 Sustainability Challenge: A Curriculum for the Climate Crisis
Your gift in support of creating a climate change curriculum and sustainability plan for the school will be matched by the E.E. Ford Foundation.
Thank you for considering a gift to help Harley reach the $100,000 goal by June 30, 2022.
The project includes:
- Endowed fund to support sustainability action items for future years, including student projects.
- Professional Development and conference expenses for a summer institute to develop curriculum and then in the future share with teachers beyond Harley.
- Technology Makerspace renovation to support expanded climate solution models and prototypes. Also improved technology for storytelling and communication purposes.
- Materials Learning materials to span the curriculum—Global warming & solar cell kits, CO2 detectors, scripts, environmental literature, lesson development and materials for multiple courses in almost every discipline.
- Staffing Half of a faculty member’s salary for two years, professional development opportunities for that teacher, travel expenses for attendance at conferences, a consultant on the curricular side, and a consultant for work with the sustainability committee.
Meet Dr. Vinton:
©2021 The Harley School