Our Dining Hall staff prepares delicious and healthy foods every day, including whole wheat pasta and bread, fresh fruit, grilled and fresh veggies, amazing homemade soups and a variety of salads. Daily lunch and snack are included in tuition.
We know that a healthy lunch is important for a child’s cognitive and physical growth. The Harley lunch program serves as a model for public and private schools alike. Among other healthy choices offered, the school serves only whole-grain breads and pasta, fresh vegetables and fruits, only 100% fruit juices, low-fat milk, brown rice, yogurt, homemade soups, and a salad bar that features more than 30 different items daily. Morning snack features fresh fruits and water. Our ingredients are locally sourced and mostly organic.
Harley’s Lunch Program includes:
- Elimination of white and processed foods
- Use of only whole wheat flour for pizza, pasta, and bread
- Elimination of chicken nuggets, French fries, and other processed foods
- Provision of fresh fruit and roasted vegetables, as well as homemade soups daily
- Low-fat dressings and condiments on salad bar
- Low-fat milk and 100% fruit juice
- Elimination of soda and candy from being sold at the school
- Introduction of new menu items featuring whole grains and healthy options including couscous, wheat berries, hummus, chickpea, and black bean salads
- Homemade cookies only twice weekly
- Vegetarian, dairy and gluten-free options, and other special dietary needs can be met
- Fruits, vegetables and meats are sourced from local farmers
- Vegetables harvested from our organic micro farm